CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Green Earth

I was introduced to the wonderful website via my sister...........Thanks Minders! I am in LOVE! I have searched, joined, browsed, claimed, exclaimed, wondered, worried and thoroughly enjoyed this amazing group of people and their vision to save the planet, one free thing given away at a time. Go see for yourself.........www.freecycle.org I love this site! I am a member of 4 groups, just to see if I can find things that are totally cool. Let me list a few of the things I have claimed.

1) Round pedestal table with four chairs for the new apartment, needs to be refinished but I like that sort of thing

2) several yards of fabric...thanks Da for picking it up for me

3) white sleigh crib for my sister and the soon to be David

4) long dresser for Paula, needs to be refinished but she and I are going to collaborate on that

I am way stoked! I love this group!!! I have told everyone I know about this thing!

Here are some of the more bizarre things I have seen posted....

1) four things of gel, new, unused, just don't use the stuff at my house and one package of dark brown/black just for men hair color, package has been opened but container has not

2) large box of women's hygiene products.........call Steve at xxx-xxxx to come claim


There, of course, are other weird things posted but these two stick out in my mind........Wowser!

Go and try it out........see what you think! Leave me the most bizarre things about your neck of the woods! Happy Freecycling!

I will post pics from before and after each project when done!

2 comments:

On Our List said...

I really enjoyed our phone call the other night. You are the best. I am making my blog private and want to send you an invite. Email me at sharonfaragher@gmail.com.

Love ya!!!

Steven & Adrienne said...

Hey I am making my blog private, so if you would like to still read it please send an email to me at stevenadrienne@hotmail.com and I will add you to my list. Have a great day.