CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 8, 2007

looking like something

I got up this morning and decided to wear regular clothes. I actually put some time and effort into my appearance. I put on make-up and straightened my hair. Now I must say, my beauty routine lasts all of about 10 minutes. I wish I could say I am just that good! But alas, I have done pretty much the same things for about 20 years.

Well, I get to work and almost everyone I come into contact with states how good I look. Like they are surprised! I go away thinking..........God, I must look like shit every other day of my life. Isn't that sad? Wow! If this is the reaction I get when I put 10 minutes into my morning routine, then imagine if I put 20 minutes into it! Get ready world, I am your next supermodel. Supermodel Sleepynae hits the runway. Everyone oohs and aaaaahs. LOL

My grandmother turned 77 this year. Imagine living 77 years. She is healthy as a horse. My mother on the other hand has brain cancer. The kind you don't get better from. She has had it for the last two years. It must really blow being the mother and potentially losing your daughter and not being able to do a damn thing about it. Two years ago my only concern was purely selfish. I wanted my children to know my mother and I didn't want to lose her. My kids are the oldest grandchildren. My older two will always remember her, my youngest probably will not. I will always, always tell them about my mother. She is a true example of a great human being. I love her! She is one of my best friends, if not the best. She makes me laugh and cry at the same time. Who else could do that?

Laundry sucks! I hate laundry. I have way too much to do all the time. Basically I wash the clothes and my kids have to fold and put away. They are also responsible for gathering all dirty clothes and bringing them to me. Kids are the most expensive kind of workers!

Gotta change the clothes around!

Night!

No comments: