CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

pizza and naps

I started out the day like any other Wednesday. We have a morning meeting Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's. I was at the office. We had previously decided to eat breakfast this day. I got a phone call stating my presence was needed at my patients side. My patient had just passed away. Did I mention I am a hospice nurse? Well, FYI. It was a pretty good death call, as they go. The family was present for the last breath and was happy with all the care she had received and all. The thing about death calls is this, they take up a lot of time. Not that I am complaining. I enjoy, no love what I do. Just fact is, they tend to be long. Needless to say, breakfast was out of the question.

Round about 11:00 hit. My stomach was now thinking my head had been cut off and no nourishment was gonna make it to my stomach. It started to rumble and grumble and make all manner of loud noises. Enough so, my dementia patient noticed and said I should go get something to eat. So we decided on Double Dave's Pizza.

We got there about 11:20 or so. We always eat early. They have pretty good pizza there. I must say, the company was better though. There is a group of co workers that I always eat with. We talk about the mundane, dramatized and downright insane things we each go through everyday. I love these women. I know they will support any crazy thing I say or do. I can, and do tell them everything. Well, most everything.

I got back to work after eating and talking. About an hour goes by and I start to yawn. Really big yawns. I cannot keep my eyes open. I think to myself, "self, did we get enough sleep last night?" I think I did. It must be the pizza. I don't know what they put in their pizza but I need some everyday before I go to bed. The stuff downright put me to sleep. Now, I didn't actually catch any zzzzzzz's. But I was trying hard not too. I was so yawny! Made the afternoon drag out for me. I talked to one of the ladies I eat with and she had the same problem. WOW! That is the secret to Double Dave's Pizza! Whooo Hooo! Now I know and so do you!

Gonna go and soak, take a hot, hot, hot bath. I want to get out totally red! Love those kinds of things.

See ya on the pruney side!

No comments: